The #Imagine Movement says young people have the ability to dream, the capacity to believe the impossible, and the boundless energy to put their dreams and plans into action.
WHAT IS #IMAGINE?
#Imagine is a strategy to release hope in South Africa and develop the visionary leaders our country will need in the future: Leaders with integrity, a moral compass, compassion, commitment and faith! #Imagine is dedicated to strengthen South Africa’s moral fibre from a faith-based perspective by getting young people to stand up and stand out, living their lives from a foundation of firm values and principles. The #Imagine Movement says young people have the ability to dream, the capacity to believe the impossible, and the boundless energy to put their dreams and plans into action. They are nation builders and game changers!
We are a nation of young people – roughly 50% of South Africans are under 25 years old. Around 80% of them come from a Christian background and are ready to embrace a wonderful truth: Amidst all the insecurities around them, God has a dream for their lives and in Him their future is secure.
#Imagine is a nationwide dream, and we bring young people together….from everywhere! We unleash their energy, connect them with each other and we show them that they are not alone. No matter what pain their past may have brought them, at #Imagine we show them that there is hope and freedom in Christ. They aren’t prisoners of the past but pioneers of the future….
The movement challenges teenagers with a massive vision: Every problem in our country is a unique opportunity for someone who can dream, believe for change and is prepared to get involved. Real change will take hard work and teenagers have the capacity, energy and zeal to make it happen! At #Imagine we are shaping the teachers, nurses, doctors, social workers and ministry leaders of tomorrow: Young people who choose to live a life of significance!
If the future looks and feels like #Imagine, then the future is bright and exciting!
Our God can do anything you know, much more than we can imagine or guess or request in our wildest dreams” (Eph 3:20).
CONFESSION OF FAITH
- We believe in the triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who is almighty and exists eternally.
- We believe in the sovereignty of God, who created humankind in his image.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, and his Lordship over every aspect of life. Through his death and resurrection we receive forgiveness of sin and reconciliation with God and other people.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who moves people to repentance, sanctifies them by his indwelling power and through them brings about the renewal of society.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, the way in which he reveals himself to us.
- We believe that those who confess Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord constitute his church on earth. He binds us together and sends us to proclaim the gospel.
- We believe that faith is ’n gift from God and not the achievement of mankind
- We believe that healing lies in reconciliation
- We believe that God calls us to obey Him above all in every aspect of life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return to judge the living and the dead and reign forever as King
OUR CORE BELIEFS
- We make Jesus King
- We Serve
- We build on the Bible
- We are multi-cultural
- We are youth friendly
- We are passionate about youth